Sunday, 5 July 2020

Indomitus Box set

Hi all

Been great to have received this a couple of weeks ago for review!

It’s an excellent box to receive as I was looking to start a 40k Primaris army in the Fire Wolves iconography soon. Also my little son Nathaniel is now 5.5 years old and getting really into his models, and he has taken a big interest in the Necrons after being read the Warhammer Adventure books. 

So I have assembled all of the Necrons now (push fit with no need for glue), and he can’t keep his hands off them. The Canoptek Reanimator is actually my favourite as it really creates a new possibility for the future of large scaled models to be designed and their aesthetics. Let’s hope for Titans and Knights!

Can’t wait to get the airbrush to them, but the weather is terrible at the moment! So instead we have been learning about the Necrons and trash talking each other. 

The Source book is fantastic and so thick too. A perfect tome for new and old hobbyists to bring their knowledge up to date with the 40k settings. 

The new way the rules are arranged is brilliant too, kudos to the writer!!

So a totally worthwhile box set if you collect one force or the other, but it is the main rulebook which I think is the most impressive thing in the box. Can’t wait to start painting. 

Saturday, 7 March 2020

Seraphon Battle Tome preview

Hi all

I have been sent the new Seraphon battle tome. Let’s have a look :)

It’s a good book as usual. I did enjoy reading about the Temple-cities and how the AoS realms effect the faction. 
They sound pretty technological with their Realmshaper Engines :)

My son was happy to see/learn about the Dinosaurs especially as his favourite dinosaur is the Ankylosaurus. 

The terrain looks good, but it’s interesting that there is no terrain pieces you can buy. 

Love the Terradon riders. I think they are my favourite models in the range. 

As usual the painting guides are really good, especially the suggestion to use contrast paints (and blend them together) to get the stepped colour effect in exotic flowers. 

Another great Battle Tome. 

Monday, 24 February 2020

Malevolence in Soft back!

Hi all. 

Got my hands on the new Malevolence soft back book early. This is my first hands on with the Softback version of the tomes that Forge World release and I am slightly impressed. 

All pages are present, so it is not like a shrunken or abridged version. 

Feels easier to flick through too. I do miss the silver edging found on the edges of the hard backs. 

The book itself feels a lot more text heavy compared to the rest of the series, but I guess that’s where the value is :)

All in all a great book. Go out and get it. 

Sunday, 2 February 2020

Soul Wars Wrath of the Everchosen review

Hi all. 
Today we are looking at a new AoS book. Wrath of the Everchosen. This book tells of the tale of the great Siege of the Eightpoints, where the Ossiarch Bonereapers invade Archaron’s territories. This is a Campaign book which tells the story of this encounter. 

The book like every Campaign book is full of details (only had 2 days to read it so far, but there is a wealth of information in there). 
I am quite new to the Ossiarch Bonereapers, so it has been great to read about them in this tome. 

It’s good to hear from the Dark Prince Slaanesh again. I was so worried they would remove the faction a year ago. 

Once again the painting guide pages are fantastic. The options for the different Slaanesh daemonettes is very good. Great to see the Contrast options too. 

So yup. Another great Campaign book. 

Saturday, 9 November 2019

Necromunda: Dark Uprising Unboxing

Hi all

Got our paws on the new Necromunda box early.

Firstly I am absolutely shocked about how much stuff is actually in this box and how tall it actually is!

I like the double sided mat so much I have sourced 2x more for a Titan Hanger floor. It is slightly shiny and has a wipe clean style quality/material to it. I am hoping to get the creases out with an Iron and sheet when I decide to mount them in the hanger.

The reverse looks great too. Only issue I can really pick up on is that it is not exactly 2x2ft, but it is perfect for a pick up and play gaming mat though.

The enforcers are a fantastic looking force. I have decided to get a gang of these too now, as they are just too awesome looking to not do them. There are 2 of one sprue and 1 of another.

Possibly one of the best looking gangs in Necromunda in my opinion. The Corpse Grinder Cults are just gorgeous.

I am looking really fond to getting these assembled and see how they measure up to my resin Zone Mortalis board.

Yes yes yes!! Finally some Imperial Aquila free doors! Must buy many more!!

These railings and ladders are fantastic terrain pieces. I am really looking forward to getting these done.

 I am really hoping to find a way to turn these into a stairwell which appears to go further into the ground too.

Cracking set of pipes which we have all seen before.

Details look good, but I still feel the resin ones won detail wise when it comes to the wall faces, but the tops looks better.

Thicker than the old book, great art.

Cracking book and game. Looking forward to keeping the peace!!