Tuesday 12 November 2013

Pre-Heresy Iron Hands so far


I've been locked away in the battle bunnys bunker hard at work getting the first squad of my Iron Hands finished. 
The paint scheme I used for these guys was really simple here's a step by step guide:

First I sprayed the model in Chaos Black paint then used an air brush to spray Tamiya Gun Metal over the entire model.


The next step was to spray Tamiya Aluminum from a zenith to hilight the model.


Next I used Tamiya Clear Smoke to tie the model together.


To give the model the oily finish I used Tamiya Clear Green, Yellow and Druchi Violet in small spots that over lap, this creates a really cool effect.


I sprayed Purity Seal over the entire model and painted the metal trim with Leadbelcher washed with Nuln Oil.

Finally I painted the eyes with Mephiston Red.

Here are some pics of the finished items.


1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting process for the painting side. Could you take closer pictures, even individual ones so we could better see your work?

    ReplyDelete