So to all you avid Horus Heresy Novel collectors out there; why haven't you purchased Book 31 Tallarn: Ironclad?
Do you only buy books featuring Legions that interest you? Have you lost love for the HH Stories? Do you only buy novels from a certain author? Is £40 for a Novel too much? Or did you actually buy it?
I ask this because I have my own opinions on the Novel and how it was released.
I purchased a ticket to go to a special event (Horus Heresy Weekender 2015), where new releases and an event only advanced ordered Novella (Seditions gate, Imperial Truth etc).
I was greeted this year by a new Garro Story (part of a complete back edition only purchase), a Novella (Blades of the Traitor) which I already owned 60% of which they made no mention of prior to getting there and a Special edition of Tallarn: Ironclad for £40.
Tallarn: Ironclad was a special edition hardback which did not have the same spine as the other HH Hardbacks (which many people are collectors of) and they had no idea if it was book 31 or just a large Novella.
It is the first time I have been truly disappointed with Black Library and decided to only buy Blades of the Traitor (which further to my fury a week later they released the other 40% of the book as eBooks - same format as the other 60% of the Novella I already owned).
Tallarn: Ironclad has since gone up on sale on the BlackLibrary site and after a few weeks of promoting it they fell silent. . . Roll on to now and according to BL less than 400 copies are still available. Good. It has been this way for a long while too.
I am a massive Iron Warriors fan, and read every HH story including BL live anthologies, currently the only 2 I haven't read is Tallarn Ironclad and Ironfire (the latter because I am convinced they are Blades' of the Traitoring my ass again) which I am obviously upset about.
I really rate John French and for his first huge book to come out with such low sales due to BL making a huge mistake also angers me.
Any way. Can't wait to read it. . . actually at £40 I will . . .