Wednesday 17 February 2016

Darko's World Eater update

Hi guys, hope you are all well. Tonight I thought I would let you guys in on what I have been working on recently. I have been updating my World Eater army over the last few weeks. This was my first ever army and I love these guys a lot. But after a while I realised that these guys needed a bit more done to these.

I firstly have been starting with rebasing my army. By the time the new basing structure of 32mm had come out I had already near enough completed my army. Therefore recently I have been converting all of my models (that are applicable) from 25mm to 32mm. This includes all of my tactical squads, assault and heavy squads.

I have also taken the time to apply weathering and damage to infantry as well. At the time of completion it looks like my army was fresh out of the manufactorum!! So I have been making sure that these guys look like they have been through the wars and earned their war credentials!!!

I have also been applying some gore to the army. These are World Eaters after all!!! You cant have a XII legionary and have him without the viscera from some loyalist dog all over him!

Here are a few pics, showing what I have been talking about above:



Here is my Assault squad. Not totally finished but looking a lot more battle worn.



The bases were coated with sand first of all. At this point I have primed them black using Abaddon Black Air. I plan to take them to a neutral brown colour using a mix of brown layers. I will show this off shortly in a seperate post.




Hard to get a clear focussed picture but here shows off some of the battle damage and blood spatter I have applied. I have done the damage using Gorthor Brown lightly sponged over armour plate edges. I went for brown over a metal wearing colour such as Leadbelcher as it would show up clearly against the white ceramite and gives it a rusted effect too from scuffs.

To get the gore I used Blood for the Blood God sponged over the model. I have varied the level of viscera being worn by the legionaries as they will all have gotten through their enemies at a different rate!!! 





I am doing a few units at a time so progress has been slow but I think I will concentrate on one at a time from now. Next task is to finalise the bases on this squad and focus on the next unit: the Rampagers.

What do you guys think? How do you put the finishing touches to your armies? Let me know in the comments below :)




Darko Thane


5 comments:

  1. They look like they have seen some limbs fly. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! The battle damage and blood is coming along nicely! Good to see the World Eaters again as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that the basing was GW it looked so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great especially the battle damage.
    After years of using sand I have started using the GW textured paint and it's saving me so much time, you should try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. These guys look amazing! I've been researching paint schemes for weeks and these are the ones!! Could you please put up a tutorial? The other tutorial on here (don't know if it's yours) the pics don't show up!

    ReplyDelete