Here is the fruits of my secretive labour for the last 4 weeks; the Vlka Fenryka from the Burning of Prospero boxed game.
So first is Geigor Fell-Hand!
I am really impressed with the new plastic kits and the details for the Heresy models
So if you have missed my guide here it is again:
Assemble and spray Chaos Black. I chose to not glue the bolter on at this stage as in my opinion it is easier to just paint one hand rather than a whole bolter black again.
The Model was then sprayed with Mechanicum Standard Grey.
Create a glaze of 1:3 Leadbelcher to Lahmian medium and cover the model head to toe. The left model has been washed the right has not yet (so you can see the difference).
They were then sponged with a mix of 1:1 Dawnstone and Mechanicum Standard grey.
They were then edge highlighted on the main plate's highest edges with straight Dawnstone.
I then painted the trims and banding Liberator Gold.
The eyes were done with Ironbreaker with two coats of Blood for the blood god.
Then I washed the model with armour wash mix twice (recipe told to me by Paul Rudge from Forge World Which I love and try to use at every opportunity now). I turn a spray can lid upside down and fill with one standard pot of Agrax Earthshade, one standard pot of Nuln Oil, I then fill one empty paint pot with Klear (to get the equal amount compared to the other paints) then put that into the spray can lid, then I add 1/3 of a pot of water. Stir the mixture and equally distribute it into the pots (and label them as armour wash).
For those who don't know what Klear does, just google it for modelling. There are millions of writers out there who can explain why it is so awesome out there more eloquently than I ever could. In a nut shell, it really really helps to draw the wash into the recesses and also helps you to manipulate the glaze/wash better than painting it on straight.Note: Klear is no longer available to my knowledge but this is easier to get and dries clear (even though it is slightly beige / cloudy in the bottle). Pledge!!!
I did a third wash of armour wash on the shoulder trim then edge highlighted it with Runfang steel at the highest points.
I will be adding some muddy boots and further edge chipping (2:1 Dryad Bark to Warplock Bronze) at a later date.
That's it then guys! Sisters are next