My last post focused on what I have planned for my next legion, The Emperor's Children. Today I want to discuss my current thoughts on how I will play them. I would love to here from you all what you think of my plans and any suggestions you might have to help me out once I get them to the table!
A quick reminder on the army that I have planned:
2 x 20 man tactical marines
2x 10 man tactical marines with rhino's
10 Phoenix Terminators
2 x 10 man Platine Blades (I think with jump packs but I haven't decided yet.)
3 Javelin attack speeders
10 heavy support marines with lascannons
3 Predators with lascannons
Lords of War:
The army is set during the Great Crusade and will of course contain a selection of characters to lead them. I am very keen to capture the perfect style of warfare that the Emperor's Children aimed to achieve, with a fast moving attack to hit the enemy hard.
I plan on using the Unique Rite of War: The Maru Skara. This looks like a great starting place to capture the legions feel. It consists of an Open Blade which provides bonuses to movement on the first turn for all units and a Hidden Blade that gives 3 elites/and or fast attack units outflank and a guarantied arrival turn.
Currently I am thinking that I will use the Hidden Blade for my 3 fast attack choices to provide some hard hitting firepower to one flank of my opponent when I think it will be needed most.
The game plan thus looks like this:
1. All units deploy, except the 3 in the Hidden Blade
2. Make use of the extra 1" move on the first turn to push all units up the mid field to put some serious pressure on my opponent straight away.
3. Bring the hidden Blade in from one side of my opponent on turn 2 to try to push them into one corner.
4. Send in the Palatine Blades, Phoenix Guard and 2 20 man tactical squads to assault the enemy infantry.
5. Use the 2 tactical squads in Rhino's to support the assaulting units and provide reinforcement where required.
6. The tanks and lascannon squad focus on any armour and providing fire support to see of any counter assault units where possible.
Currently I am thinking:
Are the 3 fast attack choices the best for the Hidden Blade?
Do you think Phoenix Guard or Palatine Blades could go with the Hidden Blade?
What turn is best for the Hidden Blade to arrive on?
Any help or advice you could provide would be awesome!