Tuesday 4 April 2017

Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus

Hello!

In the bunny camp we have a few group projects for some of the forces involved in the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. You may have seen some of them before in the form of the Mechanicum and Solar Auxilia. Since the Custodes and Sisters came out we have slowly been collecting a sizeable force to create a Talons of the Emperor army and we are making some really good progress. We will be sharing what we have been working on in the coming weeks.

Contemptors have always been one of my favourite models. I really enjoy building them and ever since the Custodes version were previewed I was keen to get my hands on them! We had the Galatus and I got to set about building it.

We wanted an aggressive look, making use of the shield to hold off and knocking his foes out of the way and providing quick short jabs with the sword. This is what I ended up with:







I am really pleased with how it has come out and I can't wait to have a go at the spear wielding version when we get our hands on one! 

We have a lot of other Custodes to show off in soon and we are very excited about them! Once we have a good size force painted up we will do a review of how they perform on the table top. 

Happy hobby!

Darien 

13 comments:

  1. Very nice pose, looks like he comes straight from a Roman testudo. :^) I need one for my Custodes but I don't really know how to pose it, that's a good source of inspiration, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find green stuff really helps with poses as it allows you to increase the angles of certain joints.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pose, really leanning into that shield slam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, looks like he should be going up against a Gal Mhara or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen a Contemptor posed that way! Looks amazing!

    Think mine may have to adopt a bit of a lean as well... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love a leaning Contemptor!

      Delete
  5. Yep, I've gotta agree with everyone else, that pose looks great. What a great kit that you were able to get such a monstrous machine to look so agile. Did it need much work to achieve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took a couple of hours to get right! I always start with blue tac to make sure that the pose works. Then slowly recreate with glue and green stuff. I use quite a bit of green stuff to increase angles at joints to allow for a better pose. I didn't have to cut or pin anything, so it's basically the kit out of the box plus some green stuff!

      Delete
  6. The pose Reminds me of holding the tackle bags at rugby training having to stand strong whilst being charged by some 19 stone brick outhouse

    ReplyDelete