Tuesday 12 September 2017

Thousand Sons Contemptor

Hi all,

I thought this week I would showcase my Thousand Sons Contemptor.


The Thousand Sons are lucky enough to have a legion specific model, and it is easily my favourite sculpt across the whole range!  It is unmistakable in belonging to the XVth Legion. 


 The kit itself was a joy to put together, as with all Contemptors, with minimal flash or warp slippage.  I ended up pinning all of his major joints as insurance, as it is almost impossible to repair the red should a joint shear off.

I was torn on what to arm him with, but I eventually went with the dual Volkites.  I was initially met with some skepticism as they are far from being the most popular choice. 

In the end though, the rule of cool won out.  I have to admit I have been pleasantly surprised as to how well they have performed.  They are rather good at popping light transports, especially if the said transport has had misfortune cast on it!

I’d love to add a second Contemptor to my army, but I have to admit I am starting to look longingly at new projects. 

I still need to finish my Castellax, and then I have Magnus left.  That will take me to a nice round 3000 points.  I might start a new project at that mark, but am still somewhat undecided!


Happy hobbying!

4 comments:

  1. Love the white contrast. Have you got the Osiron pattern Contemptor?
    There is always something else which draws attention after you have worked on the same project for so long. Something small normally helps as you often get tempted back to the project you just finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! The volkites are cool!! Great to hear they are doing well, I've often been tempted by putting them on one of my dreads but Kheres keep pulling me back!

    ReplyDelete