Thursday 1 March 2018

Rogal Dorn; part 2

Hi all,

I thought it's about time I give you another update on how Rogal Dorn is progressing - particularly as I'm planning to escape Storm Emma's "wrath" and enjoy a nice weekend away in Budapest!


As you can see, he is a bit more complete looking than last time. As I mentioned in the Weekly Progress Report, I intended to jump onto doing the cloak but I decided since then to do the shading instead as now that I have got my Citadel Painting Handle, I think it makes more sense for me to get some of the model builtSo far, I have completed most of the shading apart from Rogal's hair and the grip and wing decor on the Voice of Terra.


Unlike with Angron where I pretty much painted him in a week because I felt I could get away with drybrushing his armour, I do seem to be taking my time with Rogal as there are a lot of details that I want to make sure I get right and since I have shaded the model, those details have become a lot more prominent. I am somewhat intimidated by the project if I'm honest as I'm not a great painter - I'm just good at "cheat" methods and getting reasonable table top standard results in short order but I feel I have to really up my game here.


Once I'm back from Budapest, I think I really need to get cracking with the cloak - will need to use some blu-tac and stick it to something as it was proving fiddly to shade as is and I can't risk wrecking the detailing when I start layering it up.

What do you guys think so far?

Hector

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I just received Dorn in the mail...can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the gold looks really effective. Well done. What colours are you going to build to for his flesh? Will he be relatively light skinned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am much the same with certain models. I just want to up my game with them and push myself.

    ReplyDelete