Monday 28 November 2022

Militarum Monday: Contemplating Crusade

Hi All,

As you may have seen from my previous post, I’ve been passed the Cadia Stands boxed set which was sent to the Battle Bunnies as a review item. Needless to say, I was incredibly excited to get my hands on this box and had all the best intentions to smash through the painting in short order... but alas... disaster struck, and work has taken up a lot more of my time than expected recently!

So where does this leave me? Well, I’m looking at how to grow from the boxed set into a small Astra Militarum army over time; I’ve had a look at the Crusade rules, and they intrigue me. The system seems a little complex at first glance, but I’m hoping it shouldn’t be too much to wrap my head around.

The Cadia Stands box nets you a total of 19 power level, and I’ve managed to lay my grubby mitts on some Kasrkin and a Chimera to bulk the army out a bit, giving me an extra 10 power level. Removing either the Kasrkin or the Chimera means I can squeeze the army into 25 power level or 500 points.

But where am I at in terms of building the models?! Not as far as I’d hoped would be the honest answer! I’ve assembled the Command Squad and one of the Infantry Squads, the Field Ordnance Batteries (FOB) and the Armoured Sentinel. I’m keeping the heads separate from the rest of the kits to assist with painting, and I’ll be spraying up the FOB crew separately to the guns themselves.

The Field Ordnance Batteries are great kits... just ignore the disembodied hands on the controls!


My totally-normal-and-definitely-not-creepy method of painting heads


The Command Squad along with one of the Infantry Squads doing their best Ferrus Manus impression


So, what’s next? Well, honestly – I'm just going to try and eke out the time I can between shifts and being on call to finish building the infantry and start chucking paint at these chaps to get them to the table and start throwing dice in anger with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment