Monday 11 March 2013

Pre-Heresy World Eaters

Hey There :D

Just taking a moment to explain my contributions here. I am currently working on Pre-Heresy World Eaters. This is the army I have chosen from the first book "Betrayal". This army appealed to me mainly because of the Primarch Angron, who I think is a badass in my eyes :D I also loved the colour/paint scheme that applies to this army (see details below)

In regards to myself, I am in fact the newest Battle Bunny, and this is actually my first Warhammer project. When I was much younger I collected Lord Of The Rings miniatures for quite some time but never moved on to 40k. Have always been tempted to do it but never found the opportunity. After getting a better paid job and having a Bunny as a manager, it was only a matter of time before I started!! Up to now I have acquired the start of my list and am massively enjoying my time :) I am a little bit of a perectionist, and am prone to making slipups so I know I will put my best efforts into this army and future armies I engage with.

In regards to the paint scheme I follow, I use the Forge World Painting Guide which is available to download from their website. This consists of:

Body:
1. Undercoat with Skull White
spray;
2. Wash with a mix of 25%
Drakenhof Nightshade, 25% Nuln
Oil, 25% Lahmian Medium and
25% water;
3. Lightly sponge Ceramite White
mixed with a little Lahmian
Medium to raised surfaces.
Shoulder Pads/Backpack:
1. Undercoat with Chaos Black
spray;
2. Basecoat with Kantor Blue;
3. Highlight with Teclis Blue mixed
with a little Lahmian Medium.
4. Wash with Body stage 2 mix above.
Brass:
1. Basecoat with Sycorax Bronze;
2. Roughly highlight with 50/50 Sycorax Bronze and Runefang Steel
3. Wash with Body stage 2 mix above.

This painting scheme is one of the few Pre-Heresy guides that are very accurate (there have been reviews that some schemes are not realistic to their images) but the World Eater guide is great.

Here is my proposed list for my army, ambitious I think but let me know what you think:

HQ:
Legion Praetor - 185
Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Artificier Armour, Frag and Krak grenades

Elites:
4 Rampagers - 240
---Rampager Champion--- Caedere Weapon (no other weapon) Chainaxe, Artificier Armour, Frag and Krak grenades

4 Legion Terminators - 266
---Legion Terminator Sergeant--- Terminator Armour, Lightning Claws

3 Legion Contemptor Dreadnoughts - 525
3x Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, 3x Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight

Legion Apothecary - 65
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Combi-Plasma, Artificier Armour, Frag and Krak grenades, Narthecium

Troops:

9 Assault Legionaire - 300
---Legionaire Assault Sergeant--- Pair of Lightning Claws, Artificier Armour, Frag and Krak grenades, Jump Packs

14 Legionaire - 275
---Legionaire Sergeant--- Bolt pistol, Plasma pistol, Artificier Armour, Frag and Krak grenades

Fast Attack:

3 Sky Hunter Legionaire - 190
---Sky Hunter Legionaire Sergeant--- Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Power Armour, Frag and Krak grenades, Space Marine Bike

Heavy Support:

Legion Spartan Assault Tank - 295
2x Sponson Quad Lascannons, Hull Mounted Twin Linked Heavy Bolter, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Other:

Primarch Angron - 400
Armour Of Mars, Gore Father and Gore Child, The Spite Furnace, Frag grenades, The Butcher's Nails

Total Value - 2741 Points




Heres a start to my first unit:

It is not fully completed yet but I shall update on my next post the finished product, not long to go!!!

Hope this gives you a little insight into myself and look forward to posting many posts for you awesome Bunny viewers :D



Darko Thane

1 comment:

  1. They are looking brilliant. The sponge dapple technique looks so gorgeous. Can't wait to see the Jump Packs. I love the Mk4 Sergeant's Helm crest.
    Bet you can't wait to do Angron.

    ReplyDelete