Ok. Sometimes things go good. Sometimes things go bad. Mixture of both tonight.
Good: Firstly we washed the roads. We decided against spray coating a gloss spray first because we wanted them a little darker. We mixed Abbadon black, Agrax Earthshade, Lahriman and 2 waters together. We then tackled a square at a time. Khall would brush it on with a 3xTank brush size brush taking care not to let it make tide marks. I would follow up with some kitchen or blue roll and dab remove indiscriminately. This left an effect we were really happy with.
Before and after.
Bad: Disaster struck. I decided I wanted to try the Purity seal then wash method. I tried to dab remove some excess and it left us with a horrible look :( putting this down to never having done it before.
We added more water and two drops of fairy washing up liquid to the concoction and carried on on the other half. This turned out a lot better. Fairy works.
I will need to fix this foundation going forwards. Ugghhh. Might try White Spirits. Any tips anyone?
Next foundation was better: but we had not enough water and dried it with the hair drier a bit close.
Good: Third foundation looked a lot better. We covered it nice and quick with the wash.
Then dried from a height with a hair drier. Taking care not to move the liquid around as it tides.
Bad: Then we had some time free so we decided to start the second wash on a board we were happy with. We decided to try the watered down Karak Stone and Steel Legion Drab sand wash, where you are meant to cover sections and dab off excess. We were not too happy with how it turned out (incompetence maybe)
Good: We got our Weathering powders out. MIG: City rubble, Gulf sand and various others as well as the Forge World Black soot, light earth and dark earth. (The two splotches left of the Storm drain are the wash).