Sunday 1 December 2013

Pre-Heresy Death Guard: Various WIP

Okay so I did another 4 hours on the Vengeance Batteries today and it looks on photo like I have only painted the fugging doors. So this fethed me off; I then opened up my massive bag of Resin goodness and started various projects. 

I have assembled my 2 Death Guard Contemptors. I have a Standard Contemptor with the Eagle filed off, which will be the standard Armament for Pre-Heresy Death Guard Contemptors (see Betrayal), and will be equipped with Multi Melta and Power claw. The other is a Legion specific one and will be equipped with Plasma Cannon and Power Claw. 
I used JB-Weld to glue these models together. This is down to the amazing reviews I have had for this stuff and the fact it is used to glue engines together or something like that. It is incredible stuff. No pinning required. Will use it on our Titans when the time comes I think. 


I also assembled an Apothecary and started my Rapier with Grav Cannon. Nice fun model to assemble and it's segments fit extremely well together. 

I painted the Gravity Cannon black. Then painted Sycorax bronze on as a main layer and then added  25% Mithril Silver to the upper area. I then drybrushed Runefang steel over the highest parts before washing with a thinned Agrax Earthshade. 

I will add more when I get more time. 

Drake Seta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment