Saturday 30 April 2016

Graian Mechanicum - update

Good evening everyone.

As promised on Sunday, I'm back with a unit update for my Graian Mechanicum army. As you know I've been working on adding a diverse range of units as a slow burn, with a 250pt chunk every month. This month I chose to add in another troop choice, a 7 man(?) unit of Thallaxii and a Triaros Armoured Conveyor. 

The kits are great, the Thallaxii are a little fiddly to build and are a little more problematic when identifying areas for the secondary colour. The Triaros was great fun to build, with the details being on seperate parts it really aided the painting process too. The kits are packed with detail and they've been s joy to build and paint - I'm now looking forward to doing another similar unit in the future.

Only a couple of details left to do now such as the Volkite coils and the muzzles on the lightning guns but they're close enough to call done now, so here's some shots of the unit together...







And the total army painted so far - nearly 3000 points worth of cold, calculating machinery.





The plan for this month is to swell the ranks of some of the units I've made a start on, more Domitars, more Thallax, more Thanator and a new HQ choice to capitalise on potential wargear options.

Until next time.

KF






19 comments:

  1. The scheme is so good. They look absolutely awesome. Well done on the Triaros, the doors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drake. It was a tricky one to try and do something that didn't obscure the door details but still identified the tank with the transported unit. I'm looking forward to adding in more units now to really push the army into a sizeable (and formidable) force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely... The weathering is great and the use of different metal tones is great.

    Have you got tech Thralls planned? Nice cheap meat shields that can up the numbers. Also a Krios? They are very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Col. :-)

      I have a Thagmata list with more 'human' elements in but this force will be exclusively robots - as robots are cool :-) but in all seriousness I wanted to keep the army focussed on just automata where as the other Mechanicum army will feature a lot of myrmidons and priests (which means I can use the priests for both forces) ;-)

      Delete
    2. Is your second force also Graia? Also what colour will the coils be? Tradition red for Choom?

      Delete
    3. The priesthood of Graia still wear the arterial blood red if Mars so to make use of add in units from the Cybernetica cohort it makes sense to stick with Graia for the other 30K and 40K Mechanicum forces I have ready to roll.

      Delete
    4. And I'll be doing red choom 😊

      Delete
  4. The gloss on the domes for those Thallaxii looks wicked slick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) once they're sealed I'll be adding a spot gloss to the black to make it really pop.

      Delete
    2. Yes, was going to say the same. It really gives them something.

      Delete
  5. Nice. I need to get my hands on some forge world models for my growing mechanicum army.
    What made you go with this scheme instead of something more red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Forge World of Graia colour scheme taken from one of the Mechanicum painting guides from games workshop. I chose this as my Titan Legion originates from the same Forge World so it had some synergy. I did paint one castellax in the red scheme but really didn't feel it so decided to go fluffier (which for me always helps)

      Delete
    2. Ah. OK. Makes sense 100%
      It's always best to go for fluff I find.

      Delete
  6. Great looking work Sir Fluff. Huge fan of the bases looking so cohesive, well executed and the Triaros is gorgeous, can't wait to get started on mine.

    Just a question, have you got any Servo-automata in the pipeline? As the Tech-Priest Auxillia requires the 4 Servitors. The glue on the base of my first Tech-Priest is currently drying, and I just looked it up, and they are a requirement in the unit makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chap, yes I will be adding in servo automata. I'm going two big blobs of tech priest auxilia so three tech priests and 6 servo automata (2 servo arms, 2 grav, 2 melta or possibly flamer) all in a Triaros, which gives me the option to add in a magos for extra gravitas. My plan is to make some unique looking tech priests so each unit looks nice and unique.

      Delete
  7. That is one very pretty army!! Great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How's Alastor rushal coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you please tell a list of colors especially the white you used for this awesome army!?! Also washes?!?! Or maybe even a quick description or tutorial how you painted them!?!? Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete