Monday 27 February 2017

Hector Cephas; Angron - the Lord of the Red Sands

Hi all,

As you may have seen yesterday, my weekly update was not quite complete. This is because I thought it would be a better idea to do a dedicated post Angron rather than a quick paragraph - he's still a work in progress as I have a few bits to do with him here and there but otherwise I thought it might be a good idea to show you how he's progressing:


I really love the model. Compared to some of the Primarchs, he has got to be the easiest to build. What I ended up doing in the end was prime (chaos black) and base coat him first, then assemble him and finally finish off the shading and dry brushing - I decided to drybrush rather than edge highlight as I prefer the rougher look and I feel that suits Angron perfectly:

Armour:

  1. Warplock Bronze (base coat)
  2. Balthasar Gold (heavy dry brush)
  3. Agrax Earthshade (wash)
  4. Balthasar Gold (medium dry rush)
  5. Brass Scorpion (very light drybrush)

Leather:
  1. Khorne Red (base coat)
  2. Mephiston Red (dry brush)
  3. Agrax Earthshade (shade)
  4. Mephiston Red (light drybrush)
Skin (red markings are missing for the time being):
  1. Rakarth Flesh (base)
  2. Reikland Fleshshade (shade)
  3. Rakarth Flesh (light drybrush)
  4. Flayed One Flesh (very light drybrush)


Cloak (fur):
  1. Mournfang Brown (base)
  2. Agrax Earthshade (shade)
  3. Pallid Wych Flesh (drybrush)
Cloak (hide):
  1. Ushabti Bone (base)
  2. Agrax Earthshade (shade)
  3. Ushabti Bone (drybrush)
  4. Pallid Wych Flesh (light dry brush)

Weapons, chains and butchers nails (chains and butchers nails need fixing up):
  1. Leadbelcher (base)
  2. Agrax Earthshade (shade)
  3. Leadbelcher (drybrush)
  4. Ironbreaker (light drybrush)


So there we have it. Apart from the bits I need to fix up on him, all that remains is to bloody him up with some Blood for the Blood God and then he'll be all set for Throne of Skulls at the end of March assuming all goes well with the rest of the legion. I feel I am progressing very well with the rest of my World Eaters - hopefully I'll have a good update for you all on Sunday - just cautious of promising to complete a 3k list in less than 4 weeks but I am giving it a go!

Until next time,

Hector Cephas

9 comments:

  1. He looks great mate! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good my friend, very similar to my angron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great,I never had much love for Angron before Betrayal came out, the model is amazing and I ended up liking him a little more but it was Betrayer that made him one of the lowest on my list to top 5, behind only Curz, Corax and the Twins (I count them as a single for this purpose)
    Eventually I intend to collect and paint all the primarchs, while I doubt I'll use any of them, I think I'll take inspiration from your Angron when I do mine. Since reading Betrayer though I have known that his victims would be painted as Ultramarines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Betrayer really sold me on the World Eaters. It's a brilliant book and covers an awful lot of their lore.

      Oh yes, that is my plan for the scenic base, having Angron carving his way through some Ultramarines as he steps over a World Eater legionnaire is what I'm going for - I think it's pretty important that there should be a World Eater there somewhere given Angron's behaviour on the battlefield :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I love the cape too.
    I think the choice of him leaping over a fallen World Eater epitomises his character from the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is looking good! Great work buddy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude, so glad he's turned out alright - got a whole legion to paint for him now :p

      Delete