I have just taken a break from flogging a dead equestrian, to start a new spate of flogging.
So. That's the new Thunderhawk Gunship. It's Resin (though a few changes may be made before final release). I personally love it. Absolutely beautiful. A huge improvement in my opinion over the old bird.
I still believe in the fabled flying unicorn. I won't stop. And this is why:
1) This whole thing just doesn't add up. It was treated with such a "we can't talk about that yet" air, even though they had images of it in their book (Magnus and Sisters of Silence vehicle are present in the book and they were very happy to chat about those parts). Which still leads me to believe there is something fishy.
2) Let's see what designs FW started off with that Games Workshop took on eventually:
Baneblade, Shadowsword, mK2c Vindicator, Drop Pod, MKIV Dreadnought, Mk2c Whirlwind and I'm sure more).
3) GW said that they are yet to release their biggest kit yet. So it needs to be a product which will sell (Imperial), it will be bigger than a Baneblade, Stompa, Eldar Knight and probably a Aquila strongpoint then so a Titan or Space Marine vehicle. Both of which we have heard are now possible in Plastic. Now it could be a Plastic Warhound (March of Titans by BL was a good thing to get people going) for this, but it could still be a Thunderhawk. Otherwise they are going to invent something new again!
4) Does that new Thunderhawk look smaller to anyone else?
5) Fins. Look at the fins:
Forge World Fins
Games Workshop Fins
6) Fliers created which have plastic and Resin components:
Storm Eagle and Fire Raptor both use Storm Raven components. Could this new kit (Pre-production model – there may be some slight differences in the final model) have the Plastic base of a GW Thunderhawk (curve ball/deke/smoke bomb!).
7) FW do release alternatives of models (Land Raider, Rhino, Drop Pods etc).
8) I won't buy something so heavy to put on a stem!!!
9) It's not long to Warhammer Fest, but it seems weird that FW drop this soooo far in advance. They could have waited a few more weeks, and shown it off painted. It being Resin nude seems strange still. Almost like a statement.
Now with all that said. I hope the old design becomes Plastic as I do want a plethora of Thunderhawks. Upgrade kits from Forge World to sexify or do the Transporter option would be epic too.
Until I see it in a red box I can wish.