Monday 10 April 2017

New Thunderhawk design is not plastic after all.

Well. Here's my apology. Blown away by this. So much so I actually don't believe it still. 

Update: this all being said, I still believe we will see a plastic Thunderhawk. I think this is the Forge World Resin MKIV to the Games Workshop MKV Dreadnought. So many models have started in one iteration and then been ported over to plastic. Maybe the previous Thunderhawk that FW made is now the up and coming Plastic bird. 

I still believe in a plastic Thunderhawk. It's just not this one. 

From Warhammer Community:

We’ve had a lot of questions over the last few weeks, since our venerable Thunderhawk gunship sold out online.

We can now announce that the Forge World studio are nearing completion on a brand new updated version.


This new resin Thunderhawk keeps the iconic and uncompromising outline of the Thunderhawk we all know and love, but also takes on a few design cues from other recent kits, like the Stormbird and Heresy-era Space Marine Legion tanks.

For the moment, we don’t have anymore to show you, but you can rest assured this Lord of War will be touching down very soon.

In fact, we’re hoping to have it available first at Warhammer Fest this May (which you can get a ticket for here):

Well, let's see what they do with it at the Fest. 


Drake Seta

13 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooo!

    Oh well. Only slightly less ugly than the old version.

    I'll be giving this one a miss and will buy more Custodes Dreadnoughts instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess that saves me some money at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say hats off for the admission of being wrong and the apology. I've long argued that we wouldn't see a plastic Thunderhawk so when you guys posted that it was confirmed to be coming in plastic I had to eat crow. Many rumour sites often post wrong or misleading info and never admit when they have missed the mark.

    As to the new Thunderhawk I really like the update and think I'll try to grab one at Warhammer Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe one of the slight differences in final model will be that it's plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will never see a plastic thunder hawk now. Not with a new resin one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still believe. I may be deluded but I still believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm deciding to keep the faith.... I see GW using the old Thunderhawk design to match the current 40k flyer aesthetic . All the 40k space marines flyers have "T" shaped tails on them just like the old Thunderhawk. The new resin one matches the 30k aesthetic like on the Stormbird, Fire Raptor, Storm Eagle, Xiphon.

      Delete
  7. This one is smaller than the previous one too. That sucks. I was really banking on getting a couple of a plastic version. This really takes the wind out of my sails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plastic Warhound confirmed then 😜

    Bit bummed, but as I said to Drake, would rather have plastic storm eagles first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of this one, a bit more brutal looking. Glad it's not plastic admittedly purely to protect my bank balance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clearly they didn't do the plastic thunderhawk so they can do the plastic warhound..... It's a lot nicer than the old one and would look great next to a stormbird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welp, maybe they will be working on a plastic warhound.
    I mean, after the new terrain, the death guard and mortarion and possibly the new 40k edition, i dunno if i will have money left for anything

    ReplyDelete