Tuesday 23 May 2017

Emperor's Children: Update 1

Hello!

As you maybe aware I am starting work on my Emperor's Children. They have been a long while coming, as I purchased the models for them this time last year! I have opened packets, picked up clippers, knife and glue and started putting stuff together!

I decided that the best way was to go for some batch building for my feet on the ground so set about clipping 110 tactical marines (about 80 of them are for the EC, the other will be green SoH) off the sprue and separating all the bits into boxes to make the construction easier. I also washed all the resin upgrade sets that I had and got to work. So far I have managed to put together 18 marines.





I will be doing 4 squads of 15, the sergeants will all have power spears because they are cool! I will also be adding the top note to them, to help them stand out from the crowd.

I have a Sicaran and Rhino built as well, I haven't yet decided between etched brass or transfers for the legion symbols on them.



I will be building more tactical this week and will hopefully break the back of the construction on them! 

Happy Hobby!

Darien 

14 comments:

  1. That is a serious production line!! I'll be interested to see how you go as I'm looking for inspiration for a potential new legion!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah hopefully the massive batches I have planned work out!! Do you have a short list of legions that you might do?

      Delete
    2. Well I've got 3000 points or so of salamanders so a fee units to make the odd shattered legion army is one idea.
      Also looking at just maybe a small 1000 points of something else and have narrowed it down to Iron Warriors, World Eaters and maybe Emperors Children or Imperial Fists!!
      Currently leaning towards Iron Warriors as trying to work out if I can field a domitar-ferrum in a Shattered Legion force!!

      Delete
    3. Sounds awesome! My EC will be joining in some shattered legion as well.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how much I would have to pay someone to wash my resin. It's such a buzz kill when I get a new kit and want to dive right in.

    Maybe I have delayed satisfaction issues, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, it's one of the big reasons I prefer plastic myself. Proportionately to what I've bought, I think my resin backlog is even larger than my plastic backlog.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I did consider getting someone to make all of the models for me!! I much prefer painting to making! Couldn't bring myself to do it though, would feel like cheating!

      Delete
  3. Why is it i always thin EC need spiked cod pieces...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Mine are the good EC, before things got...weird!

      Delete
  4. I love a good production line. I'd say go for the etched brass. I think that would look cool. Have you considered some filigree from the Custodes transfers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think etched brass will be the way forward! I have thought of the custodes transfers, I think they would match well!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your paint scheme for these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These guys are nice looking, clean like the Children should be! Want to fight these boys bad.
    Good choice on the top-knots, only these guys, SOH, and Scars can really pull off a pure top-knot.

    Also, I don't think I realised till you did it here that the legion symbol was supposed to be on one shoulder only, I remember the guy watching our game the other week/month mentioned it but didn't connect the 2. Damn.

    Ah well, my guys have always been ramshackle compared to your lovely clean ones :)

    ReplyDelete