Saturday 24 June 2017

Craftworld Iybraesil: Wraithguard


Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted due to work and life commitments but I have still managed to get some hobby done during the blogging down time. I have managed to complete my Eldar Jetbikes a part from the bases but as I haven't showed anything for a while I thought I would show you the next unit I have started to work on the Wraithguard!




I have really enjoyed painting this model, even though there are some hard to reach areas behind the gun. I head isn't finished or glued in place yet so there is some trusty blue tack holding it on there for me!




There are other areas to finish too, such as the wraith cannon. I'm not quite happy with the lighter grey highlight you can see on the picture below, so that will probably be toned down a touch. I also need to complete the tubing and then the tip of the weapon.




I am also looking to improve my basing, so i''ll be trying out some new techniques. I just haven't quite decided yet!

8th Edition has definitely ignited some hobby progress in me, although I am happy to play both 40K or Horus Heresy when we can fit some games in. There has however been talk of a few of us doing an escalation campaign to accelerate our current projects, but this has only caused me to start some Bad Moon Orks! I'll show you the trukk i've been working on in my next post!




So expect to see some more Wraithguard soon, I have an Autarch and some Guardians to add after that to get the force up to the first 500 points. Although its slow progress I am happy with results after talking my time on the models. The Orks however, should be a lot quicker to finish!



Thanks again for reading,


Aveinus Kaane



5 comments:

  1. Looking great. Edge highlighting has been done very well too.
    Are there any transfers for this Craftworld?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks drake, yeah they're on the main transfer sheet you get in the boxes, it's a hand symbol

      Delete
    2. That's good then. Can't wait to see your first force.

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic - really like the colour you've gotten for the wraithbone too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, it took a bit of practice but I'm very happy with how it has turned out!

      Delete