I'm back to give you an update on my fledgling Ork army!
As promised in my last post, I'll be showing the first of probably two trukks for the Orks..
Here it is with the boyz. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, I sprayed the whole model with Leadbelcher Spray paint and then began to add the other base colours.
The base colours did take quite a long time to complete as I had to go over the silver with a coat of Ceramite White before applying the Yriel Yellow. I also used other shades of sliver and a bronze to give the metal some variety.
For the washes I used a Seraphim Sepia wash into the recesses of the yellow panels and then used Lahmian Medium to thin down the sepia wash for another two coats only on the lower half of the panels. The second and third coats do need to be relatively thinned down as you want it to be subtle without any tidal marks.
For washing the metals I used a wash of Seraphim Sepia all over the metal areas being careful to avoid any pooling. Followed by a wash of Agrax Earth Shade to create an easy rusty/muddy look to the metal.
For the yellow I then dry brushed Screaming Skull onto the edges and upper areas to add some rough looking highlights.
The battle damage was then applied using a sponge to dab on some Doombull Brown followed by Leadbelcher. The Leadbelcher was mostly just sponged onto some of the panel edges so the Doombull Brown is the most visible weathering.
As always there are areas I have noticed for improvement or a bit of a touch up. I'll probably add some more Runefang Steel to the edges of the black to make it stand out a bit more.
Overall though I am very pleased with the result.
So I hope you like it, next time i'll show you my first now completed killa kan. I have also decided to do the basing on the Orks again as I found I got a much better result on the base of the killa kan. I just didn't rush the dry brushing!
Thanks for reading!