Thursday 23 November 2017

Mechanicum - first 750 points

Hi all,

Long time, no see! I've been absent from the blog for a lot longer than I anticipated due to a huge slump in my hobby keen - have been in a bit of a hobby rut but when Ahmose pitched his Lords of War idea I figured it would be a great way to resurrect my keen.

I originally was going to do my Legio Custodes as my Lords of War project but with the others picking up new projects I decided that scrap my original plans and start something new too. Without any further a-do, here's my first 750 points:


HQ:

  • Archmagos

Troops:

  • Tech Thralls - 20
  • Secutarii Hoplites - 20
  • Secutarii Peltasts - 10


Very different to what my 750 points probably would have looked like for my Legio Custodes that's for sure! I can alternatively take a second squad of 20 tech thralls in the place of the Peltasts but as we only require a single troop for the first 750 points I figured I'd add a bit of variety into the mix.

As you will see as this army evolves, it's going to be fairly focused on bringing skitarii units (more of the above + Myrmidons) to the table rather than big automatons as I thought it would look pretty cool. Also, as you guys will see, I'm planning on converting the Games Workshop skitarii rangers/vanguard into tech thralls as I think it'll look pretty cool and they will match up nicely with the rest of the army.

What do you guys think? Do you guys think I'm a heretek or just plain mad focusing on the infantry and no big bad robots?

Until next time!

Hector Cephas

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see some mechanium on the blog here. I am slowly starting my personal force and just have a tech priest and thallax so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What forge are they going to be painted as?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet, still researching that myself.

      Any psrticular favourites?

      Delete