Saturday 20 October 2018

Warhammer Champions Review

Hi all


Today I would like to share with you all a quick review of the Warhammer card game by Play Fusion, Champions. 




Champions is a deck building card game, where the players take command of one of the 4 Grand Alliances and battle it out against their opponent. 




The best place to start, is to choose which Grand Alliance you wish to play, and then buy the corresponding Campaign deck. Then, using these cards and any additional ones you obtain from booster packs if you wish, you start to build your deck. 




The aim of the game is to cause enough damage to your opponent by using abilities or spells, so that their life counter is reduced to zero. There is a huge amount of tactics involved with this game, ranging from what cards you choose to build your deck with, and even the positions you wish to place your champions.




You can easily complete 2-3 games in an hour, making this a perfect game to play when you are strapped for time. Not only that, but there is also a Warhammer AOS Champions app available to enhance your gaming experience.




On the app, you can purchase digital cards or scan in your existing cards. Then, you can add friends using their username, and you can play against them, regardless of where you are. You can also find random opponents online to play against as well. I think this will be perfect for fine tuning your deck against a wide variety of opponents in preparation for an event/tournament.


Overall, I think this is a very solid game, that will only get more popular as more people get into it. 


Let me know if you have played the game, and your thoughts on it in the comments down below. 


Take care :-)

1 comment:

  1. Where are the Miniatures? :). I just don’t think I’m a card player, I barely have enough Hobby time so I don’t think I’ll start looking at card games, I mean MTG totally passed me by too. Hopefully this is the gateway drug for some MTG players to dabble in our wonderful world?

    ReplyDelete