Friday 10 June 2022

Horus Heresy: Deimos Rhino review

The new Rhino kit may just be a humble Rhino, but it is a nice bit of kit ! Thanks to Games Workshop for the sample for review. 





2 Sprues and 1 Accessory sprue is all you get to make this classic.

The kit is easy to work with, well detailed and intuitive to put together, instructions are clear and well presented.






The kit builds like a dream, the only thing to watch out for are the tracks, make sure you get the right track bits on the left or right track as indicated on the instructions.
No difficult things, (although I had a bit of trouble getting the sides together as I decided to paint the inside and the base plate slots in VERY tightly)

I really like the 'wall' to the driver section, the detail is brilliant and is in line with 30k aesthetics, the kit fits in seamlessly into the resin Deimos range and once painted you will struggle to spot the differences.




Special note on the accessory sprue, it contains sooo much stuff !  anything Hunter Killer Missiles, Searchlight, Dozer Blade, various hatches with a number of different weapon options, and a MK II Driver/Gunner and more !

I painted my internals before the rest of the tank, the rear ramp can open and close, my only (small) gripe is that the inner side doors are fixed, I wanted to have a Rhino with all doors open, but guess I will have to convert one with the next one I get my hands on :D

All in all I can highly recommend these Rhinos. 

Battle Bunnies

3 comments:

  1. That's nice in Alpha Legion colors; did you use the old Forgeworld tamiya recipe or the new GW Contrast version on that ? :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I used Tamiya Clear Blue and Green through an airbrush, followed by an oil wash

    ReplyDelete
  3. The addition external panel seams from having the door centres of the outer hull as a separate piece makes an unsightly line, and a bad look for not very expierenced modellers - For me with Finishing sticks great - Others will make a hash of it. I get why they did it - because they can make other panels for Vindicators etc. But it was a bad decision.

    ReplyDelete