I was looking at the Transfer Sheet for the Alpha legion and it has some really nice transfers on it, but they are pretty big so it is not easy to use them easily.
I had already used a decal some time ago on a shield and that came out very nice, so decided to add one to my Leviathan.
I measured it out and after some dryfitting decided that it would fit, I carefully cut out the little recesses in the armour and started setting it in place.
Now, thing with Leviathans is that the armour panels slope quite a bit, so I had to use a lot of Micro Sol to soften and manipulate the transfer in place.
Use more Micro Sol to soften the edges and keep pressing it down with an old brush, I used the tip of a scalpel to carefully push the vents and recesses in the top of the armour, as well as around the rivets. Once I was happy with the placement I used some varnish to lock it all in place.
After this I started using a sponge finger dauber to go around the edges, for this I used Ironrach Skin and then Deepkin Flesh, both have a faint hint of green in them which matched the colours on the transfer.
After that I started doing some weathering with a sponge and some Rhinox Hide, Skragg Brown, Chainmail and then applied a dot of Seraphim Sepia to the rivets. I tried to concentrate on the still visible seams of the transfer, sadly they are still a little visible, but I can live with it !
FInally I applied an oil wash all over, cleaned it and this is the end result, quite happy with how it ended up :D
Eyecon74 (follow me on Instagram)