Friday 14 October 2022

Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion Sicaran Squadron

When I saw the new release I wanted to do something fun with them, they come in a Squadron of 2, so was thinking what I could do to make them stand out..
At first I wanted to draw a symbol which would only be visible when the 2 tanks were sitting side by side, in practise this did not work out as the sonsons create too much of a gap for any symbol to make sense (it an idea which I may visit upon a few Rhino's though.. )



Then, after peering at the Alpha Legion Transfers for a while, it just struck me, Alpha and Omega !  It was staring me in the face all the time!





I sprayed the tanks in the usual manner, black, Vellejo Burnt Metal, Zenithal White Aluminium and then used the Tamita Blue and Green method to make the Alpha Legion Green/Turquoise.





Now the tricky thing was to do all the masking tape, it looked a right mess, but I was confident it would work, I stipple sponged on the lines in dark grey, lighter greys, and then all the way to white.







Fun thing is that the symbols are only visible from a top view and do not look too messy from any other angle, I am quite pleased with the way they came out, I feel it is still making that Alpha Legion arrogant statement, while keeping the symbols obscured, plus that a Squadron called Alpha and Omega just sounds awesome !

Eyecon74

No comments:

Post a Comment