Tuesday 3 January 2023

Hobby Bingo review and questionnaire.

Hi all

You may all be aware of the Hobby Bingo of 2022 and how fun it is to play (in some people’s opinions), so we asked a few community friends their opinion. Have a look. 

Questions:
1. Why did you do Hobby Bingo for 2022?
2. How many of the 25 squares did you complete and why?
3. Was this more or less than you thought you would complete?
4. Which topic on the squares did you find the hardest and why?
5. What was your favourite model you painted in 2022?
6. Is there any changes on the Hobby Bingo square topics that you would like to see?
7. Will you be doing Hobby Bingo again in 2023 and why/why not?
8. Please send 3 photo!

Honey the Destroyer. 
1. Why did you do Hobby Bingo for 2022?  I wanted to keep track of the models I painted throughout the year and my boyfriend and I thought we would have a competition to see who could complete the most to encourage each other to try and clear some of the grey in our house! 
2. How many of the 25 squares did you complete and why? 22, I just couldn’t quite get the rest finished.
3. Was this more or less than you thought you would complete? It was more than I thought I would do.
4. Which topic on the squares did you find the hardest and why? The scenery/terrain squares as I don’t paint a lot of scenery as it’s something I’m not that interested in doing so it took a lot to force myself into trying to get some of that done.
5. What was your favourite model you painted in 2022? The Avatar of Khaine. He is such a gorgeous model and I thought it was a well deserved win on model of the year. The reason it’s my favourite one I painted is because I hadn’t painted fire before so it was a big learning curve and I really enjoyed the process and was happy with the outcome.
6. Is there any changes on the Hobby Bingo square topics that you would like to see? Less scenery 😂
7. Will you be doing Hobby Bingo again in 2023 and why/why not? Yes I will but more as a record of what I paint as I have some definitive goals I want to achieve with my painting this year rather than focussing on the bingo.


Siph from WeeMen.blogspot.com 
1. It was a good motivator and something to aim for, a framework for a somewhat unguided hobby head.
2. I managed all 25.
3. A lot more than I thought I’d get done whilst being away half the year with my work.
4. The 10 man squads as I’m not the fastest painter so doing ten of anything is harder than a single LoW or Character.
5. My Great Unclean One using Duncan Rhodes WHTV guide on YouTube.
6. I think they have a good spread with a loose enough formula to fit most things you want to paint and some that push your boundaries.
7. Yes I will, it brings order to hobby chaos! 
8. See below




John Ball
1 - I chose to do it to give me some inspiration to paint up and refurbish my eldar army that I've had for a long time. The task seemed really overwhelming so using the board helped massively while I had inspiration.

2 - I completed 20 squares, could've pushed for the full board but larger projects like the house and heresy got in the way

3 - honestly more that I'd thought I would, painting is normally something I rush through and I tend to hit walls after the basecoat spray is applied.

4 - easily the fortifications/scenery. It's something I'll be working on for 2023 but this past year I've not had the space or need to do anything with scenery. Thinking back I could've counted my titan bases but I feel like that wouldn't be in the spirit of the board 😂

5 - favourite model has to be Prince Yriel, he's one of my favourite characters from the black library and this year I finally had the opportunity to paint him up, and lemme say Talassar Blue works wonders on his cape.

6 - I think the board was very solid all in all, maybe drop a couple duplicates, though I don't know what they'd be replaced with 

7 - I think yes, see if I can complete it this time 😁

I've got some plans for a dark mechanicum force that'll have a lot of conversion work so we'll see how that goes 😂

8 - pics below. 





Battle Bunnies









No comments:

Post a Comment