So putting Space Marine Pauldron transfers on is a massive dick head. I have always hated getting to this point on the model. You always run the risk of it not wrapping right and it leaving that weird halo around it which just cheapens the awesome paint scheme you have spent hours doing.
Well this stuff is just fugging amazing. It softens and helps wrap the transfer round the model and eliminates the halo almost completely.
I will add to this post to show how it works shortly.
Firstly I cut the transfer out using a scalpel and go all tightly round the edge of the decal so to not have too much halo effect.
Secondly I throw tightly trimmed transfer in water.
Thirdly, whilst letting the transfer become slidable, I get a fine brush and dip it in the Micro Set and run it over the shoulder pad where the transfer will go.
Fourthly I take the waterslide transfer from the water and carefully remove the excess water from the bottom of the blue paper surface on the back of my hand, then slide the transfer straight onto the pad.
Fifthly I swiftly position the transfer where I want it and add more Micro Set to where I want it to settle, and around the edges and under the places where it creases up. Just a small tip more though mind you.
Sixthly I leave the transfer and solution to dry / set for 2 minutes before getting a small blister pack sponge piece (wet with water so not to stick to sponge) and carefully push down on and help it adhere down.
Seventhly I then put a fine brush full of Micro Sol onto the transfer and around the edges (when the Micro Set is dry) and let it do its stuff. I put a lot on then step back and leave it for a few hours. It softens the transfer and eventually allows you to push raised creases down or if you add more and more after it dries then it will keep smoothing itself out.
It's worked for me very well, and believe me it takes only a minor amount of time more when you get a squad on a conveyor belt.