Wednesday 14 December 2016

14th Legion - Death Guard

Hi all

Death Guard! What a great Legion. Fun to paint and rewarding enough to use your full spread of weathering techniques. 



So this is the Legion that I have put the most effort into so far. I'm pleased to have also won 2 Golden Daemon finalist pins and a Horus Heresy Weekender best in show for them. Proud. 



Hopefully 2017 will see them involved in a wide spread of Campaigns too (probably Great Crusade era first). 



So I do hope to get the opportunity at some point in 2017 to finish my 21 Grave Warden as well as another 10 Tactical Legionaires and a few characters. 



So which characters do I want to kit bash or convert?
I do want to create the 7 Death Guard Captains that lead the Death Guard's 7 Companies. The first of which will be Holgoarg (who I want to base on the Nârek Dreygur model), followed by Temeter and Ujioj so we can properly do the Isstvan III Campaign. 



I would also like to get a couple more Heavy support squads done too. 



Then when my little boy (almost 2 now) reaches 10, he will be gifted this whole force and hopefully game me with it until the day I sleep on red snow (lol). 

Drake Seta

14 comments:

  1. That Garro conversion is just so damn good. Lucky kid you got to inherit this army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! I really enjoy your colour scheme amd blending! They are very gritty.... Very Dusk Raider(y)... I really like the Garro cape. I think the Death Guard are a very technical army to paint and this is a very nice force!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Natalie woman (Bot) is calling you or your Garro fat?! Lol.

    I love your DG scheme and the level of weathering is superb. Lovely stuff Drake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. It has inspired me to pick up my own Death Guard again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for your terminators - once day the first and the seven will march side by side :P!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a lot of fun bloodying the streets of Istvaan 3 next to your Death Gaurd! They are beautifully painted too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your Sons of Horus there too!

      Delete
  7. I have to say, I still love the look of the deathguard more than most. Only SW compete with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear I would commission you to paint mine in a perfect world... I love that army

    ReplyDelete