Another part of our Necromunda terrain project is completed.
How I painted it:
Undercoated black. The metal plates were then painted with Mephiston Red.
I then cut "I" shapes into plain white transfer paper and stuck them on to the side of the tanks. I then sponged Mephiston Red on to certain parts of the transfer to make it look like it has been chipped off. Then wear and tear was added to the corners of panels to weather them.
To chip I made a mix of equal parts Dryad Bark, Warplock Bronze, Abaddon Black. This was then sponged on using reverse tweezers to reduce hand ache.
I then covered the white pieces with a wash of equal parts, Nuln oil, Agrax Earthshade and Klear (floor polish) with a splash of water. Before it drys on each face/segment, with kitchen towel splodge it off and also make down ward wipes to add a look of streakiness to the red surfaces. This method if do swiftly also leaves a modest amount of the wash in the recesses.
Further streaks are done using a mix of Seraphim Sepia and Lahmian Medium.