Saturday 23 September 2017

Necromunda terrain: Red Fuel tanks

Hi all

Another part of our Necromunda terrain project is completed. 

I have painted these in a nice industrial red scheme. Contrasts the greys and silvers very nicely. 



How I painted it:

Undercoated black. The metal plates were then painted with Mephiston Red. 

I then cut "I" shapes into plain white transfer paper and stuck them on to the side of the tanks. I then sponged Mephiston Red on to certain parts of the transfer to make it look like it has been chipped off. Then wear and tear was added to the corners of panels to weather them. 


To chip I made a mix of equal parts Dryad Bark, Warplock Bronze, Abaddon Black. This was then sponged on using reverse tweezers to reduce hand ache. 
I then covered the white pieces with a wash of equal parts, Nuln oil, Agrax Earthshade and Klear (floor polish) with a splash of water. Before it drys on each face/segment, with kitchen towel splodge it off and also make down ward wipes to add a look of streakiness to the red surfaces. This method if do swiftly also leaves a modest amount of the wash in the recesses. 

Further streaks are done using a mix of Seraphim Sepia and Lahmian Medium. 

Thanks again

Drake Seta

7 comments:

  1. Sweet looking Terrain, love the custom transfers. Great effort mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work, really. Enjoy them in many games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Hopefully we will. A battlefield is so much better when there is good terrain.

      Delete
  3. I am very much looking forward to seeing it all come together, I imagine you are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I have spent £150 so far on what would fill a 2x2 board. So it may be a while before I get a 6x4 of good Necromunda industrial terrain.

      Delete
  4. Drake, if I ever run into you in person, I'm buying you a round. These posts are both inspiring AND informative. So. Many. Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, I'm attempting to follow this - it's such a good model and excellent work. When it comes to the transfer paper, is it something like "Water Slide Decal Paper Sheets White" found on amazon and ebay? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete