Saturday 20 April 2019

Mass producing marines

Hi everyone,

I've been building all my marine in preparation for a mass priming session. To try to ensure that all marines are built to the same quality, I've implemented my batch building process again like I did with my titans and this lead to me requiring a bigger organiser case.


Each of the sections a little pots in the new box so I was able to separate out the individual parts (or sets of parts and/or sub-assemblies) and be able to work through each set cleaning and otherwise preparing them prior to building - again to make sure the quality was consistemt through out so was able to remove mould lines prior to building in a more organised and quicker fashion.

All in all, this took about 3 evenings to work through which is quick for me as building 4 sets of marines takes an evening per squad for me. I must warn you though, as you may have already guessed, it makes some of it a bit monotomous (cleaning 40 sets of legs in a row does get a bit tiresome) but its worth the effort.



I've built as a result 3 veteran tactical squads who will ride in my rhinos and be all-rounders and a tactical support squad with volkite caveliers for some slightly longer range anti-infantry firepower holding an objective.

Next up, bases!

Until next time,

Hector Cephas

1 comment:

  1. I like to make a whole lot of marines in one go, too, but after that there is this huge batch of unpainted miniatures.... ;)

    ReplyDelete