Saturday 14 January 2023

Horus Heresy - Horus Ascended painted

Hello Bunnies! 

Welcome to post 2 on Horus Ascended! If you missed the first please take a look at my previous post, it included an unboxing video, a battle report with the Sons of Horus lead by Horus Ascended facing off against the Death Guard. It also had a review of the model itself. 

I throughly enjoyed painting this model, though to get it ready for the battle report it meant several very late nights and a couple of long 8 hour days at the painting table. Thankfully at no point did it feel like a chore! 


I wanted him to match the rest of my first company and basically followed my painting guide that I did for my Justaerin many years ago. You can find that very guide on this blog. I painted his face in the same way that I did for my original ‘little’ Horus, which again you can find on this blog. 






Here he is compared to ‘little’ Horus. 



And then next to his most trusted advisors. 


Overall I am really please with how he has come out! He is a great match for the rest of the army at looks right at home leading my First Company into battle! 

Check back tomorrow for some photographs of him at the head of my army and my written thoughts on how Ascended Horus plays on the tabletop. You can hear my initial thoughts following our battle report with him on our YouTube channel. 

Happy gaming! 

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment