Monday 28 September 2015

Forge World Bulletin 28/09/2015

Hey all

So, Monday strikes again...but with it comes loads of resin crack! Here is the bulletin if you missed it:

The Solar Auxilia has some fantastic looking models in its ranks. There are so many details that I feel like I find something new every time I pick a model up; from the cogs and bellows of their archaic looking re-breather systems, to the chain-driven mechanisms attached to the fingers of the Veletaris Storm Section Sergeant’s power fist.

This week I came across something completely new for the Solar Auxilia in the Forge World Studio. Take a look at the first few models from an upcoming squad, armed for serious close combat duties...

These Solar Auxilia are ready to fight for the Imperium, are you?
These Solar Auxilia are ready to fight for the Imperium, are you?

Since the release of the KX139 Ta’unar Supremacy Armour Battlesuit, I’ve had more than a few people ask me just how big it is. Well, the answer is real BIG! To give you a sense of scale, here it is in the service of the Greater Good about to stamp down on this squad of Space Marines.

The KX139 Supremacy Armour is so huge, ‘towering’ doesn’t do it justice!The KX139 Supremacy Armour is so huge, ‘towering’ doesn’t do it justice!

The new Solar Auxillia look kinda cool and definitely fit with the 'boarding' theme...those axes look bruuuutal! Very excited for this as my Solar Auxillia commander came through the post today. Its not a GW or FW model but I think it fits with the range quite well...may have to tweak her slightly *spoiler alert* lol

On a slightly different note...why do I want to do a Tau project so bad now lol!

Cheers for checking in :)

Kaelo


4 comments:

  1. In the grim darkness of the far future there are certainly a lot of things I wouldn't like to meet when turning a corner in a space hulk... Those Solar Auxilia are surely on the list... The Tau suit as well, but that would probably be less likely (probably as likely as me being in a space hulk in the first place).
    On a slightly different note... Why do I want to do a Solar Auxilia project so bad now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, I think Grave Warden and ANY Primarch should also be on the list lol!

      Seriously though, the Solar Auxillia range is one of the best GW/FW have ever done!

      Delete
  2. hehe, can't wait to see her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is on my ever growing list of models lol. I want her to look like a soldier and not a barbie so gunna have to do some chop-chop work before I am happy. That being said, I want her to be noticeably female...got my work cut out lol

      Delete