Thursday 31 December 2015

Battle Bunnies: A look back to 2015

Hi all. Another year down. We hope you all have a great New Year's Eve tonight and a Brilliant 2016. 

Here are our highlights for 2015 and what we hope to accomplish in 2016 (minus a few secrets we are holding back of course :) )


Aveinus:
I would have to say my favourite moment of 2015 was going to the horus heresy weekender for the first time. I really enjoyed the seminars and authors insights into the newly released books and future projects. I also can't forget about joining the battle bunnies! It has done wonders for my hobby projects and I'm completing them faster than ever thanks to everyone's advice and motivation! 

My main goal for this year is to complete my Iron Hands legion. I have a lot to buy as I want a lot of diversity for the future campaigns we are going to be doing. I don't really want to let my self become distracted but if I do have time later in the year I would like to complete a xenos army or maybe add a mechanicum contingent to my legion before starting blood Angels.

Kaelo:
My favourite moment of the year has to be the feeling I got when I saw the Roboute Guilliman preview at the Horus Heresy weekender. I was so happy that I actually shed a tear. I still think Guilliman is one of the nicest sculpts but I can't wait to see an alternative pose.

My goals for the new year are going to be quite broad. I aim to start finishing some projects. Ideally I would like to finish my Ultramarines, Salamanders, Raven Guard and Sons of Horus. I would also like to complete 2 Xenos Forces. Realistically I think I will aim for Ultramarines, 1500-2000 points of my other legions and a Xenos force. It can be done. Just need to focus and stop changing my mind. I also want to complete 5 Knights for House Vornherr and a Warhound for Legio Praesagius or Tempestus.

King Fluff:
My favourite moment of the year has to be the Bunnies Xmas Bash. It was amazing to meet a group of like minded people all passionately committed to gaming in the great crusade era. It really did feel like a home coming to me and has legitimised all the work I've been doing in the background over the last 3 years.

My goal for 2016 is quite simple, I could list all the units and forces I'd like to complete or the games I'd like to play (which all in all are probably too numerous to list) but instead my goal is to enjoy the hobby more. This involves meeting up with the other Bunnies as regularly as possible, paint units I enjoy painting and take on challenges which stretch but don't break me. I'd like 2016 to be the year of the Xenos and so I'd like to assist the other Bunnies in their Xenos ambitions.

Drake Seta: 
2015 was slow for me in many regards. A new born baby does restrict your hobby time a fair bit. Nathaniel is doing great and is constantly standing by my miniatures cabinet as if to say "can I play/eat them yet?" In fact he is 1 today. 
I managed to get Perturabo, Nathaniel Garro and Narek Dreygur painted which I am proud of. I also started numerous more projects including the gigantic Bone Garland (Warlord Titan), several Knights, 21 Grave Warden, numerous Mechanicum things and continued my (now mothballed) Night Lord Legion. 
My favourite part though has been watching how the gaming group has grown. We have now reached a nice group size of ten members. The encouragement, advice and fluff debates that is constantly being messaged back and fourth in our group messenger is so fantastic to be part of. 
I also got my Best of Show Death Guard Sicaran in the Horus Heresy weekender 2015 brochure, which was an amazing moment for me. 
Thoroughly enjoyed the Legion in a day feature we did too. Was great for a few of us to get together just with the intention of getting as much done in a day as possible.

Darien:
My highlights of 2015 were joining the Battle Bunnies and the Bunny Christmas get together! Joining the Bunnies has been amazing! It has motivated me to focus on a project and to make regular and consistent progress. The Christmas get together was great fun, getting to meet, talk and game with the other Bunnies was brilliant. 

My goals for the new year are to complete the bulk of my Sons of Horus as quickly as possible. This will give me a legion to game with whilst I put together and paint up my Emperors Children. I would like to make some really solid progress on the EC's as well, hopefully completing a few thousand points! I also need to paint up more of my orks, specifically more boyz, as this will get them even more ready for campaign action. I also plan on assisting the Bunnies where needed with Xenos projects or any other projects that require help. Finally to top it off I need to complete my scenery plans and get a gaming table up and running!

Atia:
One of my favourite Hobby moments this year was of course joining the Battle Bunnies - I already said it, you guys are an awesome bunch and motivate me every day! Other highlites were unboxing my Zone Mortalis tiles and painting my FW Bloodthirster and Valkia. Playing Betrayal at Calth with my new love was also pretty awesome! 

My goals for 2016 are to complete Zone Mortalis armies for both Word Bearers and Ultramarines, aswell as the ZM board itself - so far I have enough tiles for a 6' x 4' board, and I'm really looking forward to paint them up! I also need to finish my Khorne Daemons, and start with the Slaanesh and Tzeentch ones. Last but not least - I want to paint up the first three Knights of House Vyronii, using my airbrush - can't wait to try some new weathering techniques!

Tylar:
Becoming a Battle Bunny has been one of the highlights of 2015 for me. Somewhere to share my HH creative ideas with like-minded people. 
And I've met some really great people as a result. 
Playing with and against Demi and Paul Rudd was a bonus and a pleasure. 

My master of signal dropping a lance strike on top of Kharn and his boys was a highlight of that game too. Sorry Lee lol

In 2016 I look forward to having a significant Imp Fist army painted. The first ever for me. 
The impending Space Wolf releases, the mastodon obviously, and the next HH book. 
I look forward to engaging in more projects with the rest of the group including my re-alignment of a cityscape tile project I'd like to do and finishing my own city scape board and buildings to go on it. 
Plus the plethora of unfinished minis I have lol

Castiel:
My highlights of the year well i have only been back in the hobby for a few months but what a few months it has been. Joining the bunnies to have such a talented group around me to inspire and help me out along the way has been fantastic.

The legion in a day project was do much fun and accomplishing so much in a day was quite something!

The Christmas get together was a fantastic day first run out for my Dark Angels getting to battle with and against some great people who made it a lot of fun.

Goals for the coming year to add some more units to the Dark Angels both infantry and vehicles to keep me going until some legion specific units arrive. And to complete a sizeable force of Word Bearers.

I can't wait to get involved in more group projects and campaigns in the year to come which will bring the opportunity to meet up and battle with the other bunnies 😊

Wrap up:
We hope you have a great 2016. Share your opinions below too!

Battle Bunnies

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing inspiration, entertainment and thought-provoking questions in your quest for bringing to the tabletop the Heresy - you are the Pharos of the Internet, so to speak. I'll be coming back to you in 2016 for sure. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8D
      That is one hell of a compliment, and something we truly hope we live up to! Thank you. Very kind words.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to all the bunnies for all the advice, tips and inspiration you provide to all of us!!
    I have a resolution to actually get some stuff painted and photos sent to you in 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to all.
    Need to paint some models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year guys, thanks for all the inspiration you have provided in 2015. I look forward to seeing what you get up to in 2016

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, thanks for the inspiration and fantastic blog posts. I'm looking forward to you content for the new year!

    ReplyDelete