Wednesday 18 May 2016

Archmagos Dominus of Graia

Good afternoon dwellers of the blogger sphere.

King Fluff here with a modest update on one of the units I've been working on over the last week.

As you know I've been adding in around 250pts worth of ad mech goodness once a month in order to shift the back log of armies I have sitting on shelves or in boxes. 

This week I've been working on a new Domitar, 2 Thallaxii and an Archmagos Dominus.

This week I'd specifically concentrated on the Archmagos. The model is the plastic kit from Games Workshop and it is jam packed with details.

Initially I decided to spray the model leadbelcher then wash and dry brush as I have on all my other Mechanicum units however on this particular model the pose makes overprinting quite difficult. I then painted in the robes with Mephiston Red - this was really fiddly but I reconciled myself with that if I had sprayed the model Mephiston red there would have been an equally difficult job of blocking in all the metals and avoiding over brush when dry rushing on the Necron Compound.





I'm still now filling in the details on the model - trying to balance out the three metal colours I've used on my army as a way of ensuring a cohesive colour palette across the army.

Here's some shots on his Abeyant, which he'll be riding into battle once he's finished.





I really want to get more of these kits now and cut them up to make more unique Priests/Magi/Archmagi and Magos Primes - I think the potential of mixing it with resin Forge World parts is almost unending.

So that me so far - he should be done by the weekend along with his robot buddies so I'm sure on the weekly progress report you should be able to see him all done.

Stay Classy.

KF

14 comments:

  1. That red just pops and pops and pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks really great! He looks better on that chariot thing than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good.
    One of the cooler things to do with the kit is to saw him in half just under where the robe meets metal and then rotating the torso 180 degrees. Basically doubles his hight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely on my to do list, I think I may add the snail shell element from the Forge World Magos Dominus as well to make a truly 30K version. My plan is to have all my priest type units to be interchangeable with my 40K mechanicus force too.

      Delete
  4. Great work!
    My Archmagos Reductor is based on the same Model! Its like they had that in mind all along....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work. Love the use of the abeyant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a cheeky C.A.T I see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed - I bought a few years back and now I can use them as cyber familiars, although I think I may need more...

      Delete
  7. Great job as always! He is an awesome model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome Fluff. I have never used the compounds. Are they any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dry brush paints are great - Necton Compound is very useful

      Delete