Thursday 25 May 2017

Vlka Fenryka: Freki and Geri

Hi all

Today I'm putting up the Wolf Kin of Leman Russ! So I finished them a while ago now, but I have been hoarding posts for a while now. You may have followed my progress with them, if not please see here:http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/vlka-fenryka-freki-geri-and-wolf-pack.html?m=1




I followed the Fluff where it was stated that Geri was a white wolf and Freki was a black wolf. 

I have weathered their paws to show that they are mucking in so to speak. I also airbrushed Seraphim Sepia onto their undercarriage and where sweat or similar builds up. 

The scars have been done with mixed/layers of Cadian flesh tone and Scab red. 

As you can also tell I reposed them slightly as well as removed the Thousand Son Squeeky toys. 

The claws on the paws were created from green stuff (and minor works to the knuckles too) to amend the clipped claws that I had to remove from their victims. 


Thanks for reading. 

Drake Seta

15 comments:

  1. Look great. Where in the fluff does it mention what colours they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers.

      A Thousand Sons paperback page 548 "Magnus slammed his fist into the black wolf's head, driving it to the ground with a strangled yelp, it's skull surely shattered. With a bellow of anger, he tore the white wolf from his leg with a thought and hurled it away over the heads of the milling army at Russ's back."

      Delete
  2. Freaky and Geeky! In all seriousness, they look fantastic. The re-posing work you've done is great; far better without the Thousand Sons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ikthelion. Need to get a game in with them soon (and Leman Russ).

      Delete
  3. Excellent work Drake, truly stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine came last week with a new Russ. I really need to work out what I'm going to do with the bases as the Prospero theme is great for display but just looks weird on the table top. Definitately will be pillaging your WIP for ideas.
    But in the meantime I need to get a usable Raven Guard force finished! Corax is ready me to start work and I'll be stocking up on transfers this weekend:
    http://imgur.com/NKFtNfw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Hope my modifications help.

      Great. How many Legionaires are you thinking about doing?

      Delete
    2. They definately will be! Starting with 20 tactical marines which I can use as two squads to get me going, a unit of Deliverers, Dark Furies and a Primaris. Got a Xyphon I may be able to salvage too. On a budget at the moment so I'm working with the Calth box as a base.

      I really love the concept of the Deliverers but the background is confusing, the picture shows Tartaros but the fluff says Cataphractii! Also I'd love to have them teleport in but that limits me to using zone mortalis as my right of war which severely limits everything else. Decisions!

      Delete
  5. The pups turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really gooood!! :D it will be fun seeing them on the table top with Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Drake and good research. You Bunnies of to WF tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I hope to be front of queue again like last time. We should meet up. Email me.

      Delete
  8. They look awesome! Honestly though.... the different angles of the Wolves make them look less like lions and more like wolves! I'm still waiting on a few more VIth legion releases and then it is on like donkey kong

    ReplyDelete