Thursday 15 February 2018

Rogal Dorn; part 1

Hiya!

Finally, I have him, my Primarch, the final piece of my Imperial Fists puzzle (until I decide to get a new thunderhawk)!

Simon has done a fantastic job with him - I am incredibly happy with the pose and everything, he's what I expected to be: the general, the tactician - he's not a fighting machine like Corax or Curze is so I was glad he has been modeled in a more contemplative and analyzing pose like as though he is taking stock of the battle in front him and working out what the Imperial Fists next move it.


So, as you may have seen, I made a start on painting him last week and I've slowly but surely been making progress. At the moment I am still basecoating him as I want to make sure I get it right. There's some work to be done on the non-golds on him but I've planned how I'm going to paint him now:


Gold armour:

  1. Retributor Armour
  2. Riekland Fleshshade
  3. Auric Armour Gold
  4. Liberator Gold
  5. Stormhost Silver

Red detailing (cloak, Storms Teeth casing):

  1. Screamer Pink
  2. Druchii Violet
  3. Mephiston Red
  4. Wazdakka Red
  5. Evil Suns Scarlet
Bolter grip and tabard detailing:
  1. Zandri Dust
  2. Agrax Earthshade
  3. Ushabti Bone

Bolter casing and armour seals:
  1. Abbadon Black
  2. Eshin Grey

Exposed cables, gun barrel, etc.:

  1. Leadbelcher
  2. Nuln Oil
  3. Stormhost Silver

Skin:

  1. Bugmans Glow
  2. Riekland Fleshshade
  3. Cadian Fleshtone
  4. Kislev Flesh


I imagine this is going to keep me busy for a while but I don't mind, I want to make sure I do this beautiful model justice!

Until next time,

Hector Cephas

11 comments:

  1. This makes me rather envious and anxious for my Primarch to eventually be released!

    It only took years for Dorn and Alpharius, so Sanguinius can't be too far behind?

    Right? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll need to wait too long for him, he's too popular a primarch for Forge World to delay his production any longer than necessary. :D

      Delete
  2. Praise be! Finally some more horus heresy stuff! I have been stsrving to see more! And the pictures work again! They can be cliked!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the picture thing may be due to the blog post editor being used. Some of us use third-party blogging apps to write posts on the go whereas today I used the standard editor on the Blogger website as I was at home - I think that may well be the reason why the pictures work in this post!

      Delete
    2. Ah. Well i for one would not know the diffrence. But again its good to see some horus heresy on here. Hooe that there is more

      Delete
  3. Looking great so far, should look impressive once he's done.
    Any plans to make him some Huscarls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this colour scheme also work for Custodes? Or is a custodes scheme you've borrowed? Either way top work so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed it from the Custodes gold, it feels like the right gold effect to go for :)

      Delete
  5. I am actually pre-ordering this bad boy now...I am a UM fan but I love the IF as they are my second favorite legion. Painting yellow is tough! I will make this more gold

    ReplyDelete