Wednesday 30 May 2018

Hobby Support - Commision Painter

Hi guys!





Looking for a bit of advice really. Some readers may know that I have had a bit of poor health recently in the form of a Pulmonary Embolism. This came at the end of 5 days of solid painting and I feel my inactivity during this period is a big contributor.

Although I am recovering well I am self imposing a 'stay active' approach to life, which massively inhibits my ability to paint. So, I am looking for a bespoke commission painter to help me with some of the more time consuming areas of painting. I have tried some of the ones who advertise and I would say they are next to useless as they have no negotiation as to what is required. Basically I want to paint a model and then pay someone to paint the rest of my models to that standard. No edge highlights, chipping, weathering or bases. 

If you know of a company or individual who would be interested in doing some painting for cash, please drop me an email at kaelorylanus@gmail.com with a couple of pics of your work and I will get back to you :)

Stay fluffy

Kaelo

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kaelo,

    Hope you're on the mend!

    Not an official commission painter but there is a guy up here in Aberdeen doing commissions over the summer instead of a summer job. He's good and pretty quick (planning on giving him some terrain of mine to do). I'm sure he'll be far more flexible and probably a good deal cheaper.

    Drop me a mail and I can put you in touch with him if you like.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be very interested mate. Can you ping me his details to kaelorylanus@gmail.com?

      Delete
    2. No worries, will drop him a note and get him to drop you a line with some examples...he's just speed painted the Dark Imperium Nurgle miniatures for the Local GW store demonstration table.

      Delete
    3. He's going to drop you an email today :-)

      Delete
  2. No edge highlights, chipping, weathering or bases? So you just want basic tones, or...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just want it basic. But to a high standard. Then I will do the chipping weathering etc etc so when they are done they will be to the same standard I can paint (average) I just can't spend the time doing the meat of it. I will show an example to anyone interested before they quote.

      Delete
  3. Ask Rob at 30kplus40k Blog or Nick Thrower at The BurningEye blogs? They have both done me proud with commissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mate!

      Do you have contact details for them?

      Delete
    2. 30kplus40k@gmail.com and theburningeyeblog@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Hi, i'm a painter un France.
    I was painter for Rackham à Long Time ago...
    I use for paint for Friends.
    If you want toi Can contact me à jscaillet@yahoo.fr
    You Can see à part of my work hère :
    http://galaxie-en-flammes.creationforum.net/t1919-iron-hands-chevaliers-legion-cybernetica-et-maintenant-titan-warlord

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi im a decent painter in the north east of Scotland never done commission work but im always looking to paint differnt thing and willing to help out if interested email me
    trooper2881@googlemail.com and i can take photos of some of my minatures

    ReplyDelete