Saturday 9 March 2019

Angron: Slave of Nuceria First Impressions

Hey everyone!

Two weeks ago, it was the Black Library celebration weekend which was held in Games Workshop stores across the globe. Out of all the new books that where on offer that weekend, the one that natutally piqued my interest was the release of the limited edition Primarchs series book "Angron: Slave of Nuceria". I've been looking forward to this one for a while as a World Eaters praetor! :)


I haven't had a chance to read it fully as I ended up having to order the book from Black Library directly which meant I had to wait a week for it. I think it was certainly worth the wait as you can see, it is a very pretty tome and will live along side my Horus Heresy black books. The slip case is beautiful, the guys at work despite thinking it might be some occult thing (*twitch* this is no book of sorcery!!!) still appreciated and admired the presentation of the book.

The warhound on the front along with the world eaters symbols in the corners highlights in my mind that this is set around the time where the warhounds became the world eaters and this tome will contain some juicy information about this legion. There is a conversation between Kharn and Argal Tal in Betrayer which I think will get a lot more context about as it should be that time in the legion's history in this book.


When you open the magnetically sealed case, you are presented with the book's full cover art with both Angron and Kharn in the midst of battle (their glorious, skull-taking, blood-letting habitat) with a similarly presented hardback book. Again, beautifully presented - the chainlink pattern down the spine like on the slipcase is a very nice touch.


I can't wait to finish reading this book! Has anyone else bought this limited edition book or any of the previous Primarch series limited edition books?


Until next time, BLOOD FOR THE PRIMARCH! SKULLS FOR THE 12TH LEGION!

Hector Cephas

8 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished it earlier this week, and loved it. I'm a Space Wolves fan through and through, so I've also got the Leman Russ one.

    Angron always comes across as 1-dimensional in the Heresy proper to me; but here, he gets A LOT of fleshing out, and is tied with Perturabo as my favorite Traitor Primarch now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://imgur.com/zBzEDA5

    I may have them 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowzers! That's a very pretty book case! :D

      Delete
    2. I only buy physical books these days if they're pretty 😁

      Delete
  4. Anybody got one to sell.. will pay good money - email me kfh.999@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, anybody got one to sell? - will pay a good price? email me kfh.999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete