Tuesday 25 May 2021

Codex Adeptus Mechanicus

Hi all

Games Workshop have sent the lovely new Adeptus Mechanicus Codex through to us to review. 


The art on the front is amazing. I’m not 100% sure but I believe it is a different artist from normal. The detail is very grim dark which I really love in my 40k


Look and count! 11 Forge Worlds! That’s some serious reading right there. Still unfortunately only 1 named character (correct me if I am wrong but this makes the Codex the least Special Character heavy Codex out there). Fair enough they should be seen as almost robotic in nature etc, but it would be great to see a character or two from some of the Forge Worlds like Ryza and Lucius even. 

Voss Prime is fast becoming one of my favourite schemes for the Adeptus Mechanicus. It is good to see that certain Forge World’s have minor failings or issues with what they produce in one way or another. I can here people rolling 1’s now in the overheating and cursing Voss Prime lol. 

All the insignia info at your finger tips. I’m about to start a Mechanicum Mortis Secutarii force (this will help nicely). 

The rules for Stygies VIII are cool. I can see a few builds with some good ol’transports to make the most of the Shroud Protocols special rules. 

The Veiled Hunter rule is brilliant too! Casually refuse a flank and boom!

Magna bonded Alloys and Autosavant Spirits for me!

The book also contains Crusade rules as usual which is great. If you haven’t tried this system I really recommend it. The narrative for it is really fun. 

And my favourite option for the ol’ Ad Mech. A good old Land style character :)

Drake Seta

















No comments:

Post a Comment