Monday 10 October 2022

Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion Glaive/Fellblade

When I decided to jump into Heresy the first thing I really wanted was a Glaive, the cannon on it is incredible and it looks the business (ok, the cannon has been toned down by a fiar bit, making the Fellblade a more viable tank, I didn't learn this until after the new rules came out !)





So while I had a Glaive I stumbled upon an eBay auction for the Fellblade turret on its own !  Score !  All I had to do now was to build the Hull Mounted Demolisher cannon, this was easy enough, I had a demolisher cannon from a Baneblade kit and had a spare piece from an old Chimera, together, with a few bits of plasticard and some filler this made for a good substitution.
It sits really snug on the hull, I drill out the holes in the bottom of the plate to fit over the rivets.







Thus I created the Fellglaive, giving me tactical choices on which version I would want to use.





To break up the green a bit I decided to apply some white in the form of a line and one of the turrets was painted in white as well, I simply used finger sponge daubers, starting with dark grey and working all the way up to white, this gives the lines some texture as well looking good against the gleaming metal plates of the green armour.





Eyecon74

No comments:

Post a Comment