Friday 18 December 2015

Forge World releases 18/12

So here we are another Friday and also the week before Xmas!!!! And Thousand Sons will believe Xmas has come around early as they have been given their new toys!!!



So today sees the upgrade kits for the Thousand Sons. These comprise of heads, torsos and MKII, III and IV shoulder pads.


 

These look gorgeous on my opinion and I can imagine Magnus nodding his knowledgeable head in appreciation. That colour scheme is pretty nice too!!!


This also means Thousand Sons have their own Betrayal at Calth bundle too.






Also featured on the page is an upgrade pack for Red Scorpion Vanguard Veterans. A cool looking set in my opinion.







Lastly we see a new rhino for the garages have appeared!! It is a new Deimos pattern Damocles command rhino. 



I am very much liking the look of this and will definitely be slotting this into a few lists methinks....



So what do you guys think of this weeks releases? Do we reckon the wolves will get an Xmas Day release? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.




Darko Thane

12 comments:

  1. I like that they haven't gone overboard on the Egyptian style with the Thousand Sons upgrades - we might see it taken to the next level for their Legion specific units though.

    Wolves for Christmas? Now wouldn't that be something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Red Scorpions disappoint me. Now I need to get an assault squad to complete them. I don't mind the prices usually, but I prefer the old set.

    More positive, the M Sons look brill. The Damocles looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did they came with an old assault squad? If yes, than that's your answer - these sprues are going to be phased out^^

      Delete
    2. They were a complete resin set of five. At least the are still available though.

      Delete
  3. Rather surprisingly I am taken with the Thousand Sons - the finish of the paint scheme is lacklustre though (again). It does strike me that the whole legions project has not been up to the usual standard, almost like they were taken by surprise by suddenly having lost to paint.

    Damocles is good, will get one after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the paint job is to appeal to the 40k edge highlight crowd. If they bashed the armour up and got rid of the highlights, it would be better. The metallic red look like Tamils clear red over a metal base to me.

      Delete
    2. You might well be right. I like the metallic red done in a candy apple way, the rest is quite basic though. Basic can be good - it's what I paint - kind of expect more here though.

      Delete
    3. I actually like the lighter scheme (as seen on the bulletin or 360° view) - quite similiar to what I'll do with 1k sons (in the far far far future .... >.>)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, it's in the upgrade kit with a five man squad too. That's tamiya red, i suspect the other BoC may be the FW clear airbrush paint? Has anyone tried this?

      Delete
    5. You're all forgetting that the thousand sons don't get down and dirty, it's beneath them, they use thier powers to fight their battles. So I think the paint scheme is right on point in this instance.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another month without mastodon :\

    ReplyDelete