Now I'm not talking about your last meal so don't worry there.
For anyone who has ever built a Storm Eagle or Fire-Raptor there's always parts left over.
I was sat around thinking that this was not only a waste of plastic, but a wasted opportunity.
So what could I do with the left overs?
I decided to put my scratch building skills to a solution.
With the help of some graph paper and a small steel rule I set about making templates that would allow me to make something.
Here's how it unfolded:
You can now see it start to take shape:
After this was the next phase of layering to get the correct hull shape.
Slowly the main hull shape has taken form.
Next was to make new wings that would sub in for the ones used on the Fire-Raptor.
Finally sections added ready for engine bodies to have the beginnings of structure.
So there you have it. That is where the project lies currently as it was put on hold prior to the Xmas period so I could focus on my marines.
It goes to show where a little imagination and some planning can take your hobby.
I hope you've enjoyed an insight into my little project.
If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to comment below.
Until next time.
- Tylar :D