Monday 18 July 2022

Horus Heresy: Ka’Bandha General of Signus

Hi all

I was fortunate enough to have been sent Ka'bandha General of Signus a few months ago to paint and review from Games Workshop (as you may have seen on Warhammer Community). 

So this is the biggest non-Titan model I have ever painted and it was incredibly detailed. 

I decided to paint and assemble him with the mask on, as it looked menacing. Also it gives me the opportunity to do some OSL from his eyes, reflecting on nearby surfaces too. 


The wings were airbrushed with shades of grey before the veins were picked out with Dawnstone to Dots of Administratum. 





The base was very detailed, so I wanted to add to this with a bit of Corkboard to try to even out the height of the piece. I used various shades of mud and weathering powders to complete the look. 




You can’t believe the wingspan on this model. It is insane. 

For the armour I wanted to follow how he was described, “clad in unbreakable bronze armour” so went for a lovely combination of Bronze with Brass trims. 

The fresh was Gal Vorbak up to Word Bearers. 

It was done with an airbrush. 




I wanted to get it looking incredibly grim dark so I used some black and burnt umber oil paints thinned with odourless white spirits into a paste. 

Pre oils (covered in 2x coats of Klear or Pledge Multi surface Wax)

Post oil (terrifying)


Didn’t add oil to the membranes themselves though. 

This was then buffed off with cotton rags to complete the grim dark feel. 

Look at his wing compared to the new Avatar!

Great item. 

I will put a video up on our YouTube channel soon too. So don’t forget to subscribe. 

Battle Bunnies
Drake Seta

No comments:

Post a Comment